Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Plans are underway for the 3rd annual WMHS Senior Night Post-Prom Party, taking place right after the Senior Prom on Wednesday, June3, 2020 at Dave and Buster’s in Woburn.
The goal of this event is to provide a safe, substance-free environment to continue the festivities with friends and fellow members of the class of 2020.
The event will feature entertainment, prizes, cash and a lot food.
Plans are in the works for a magician, henna tattoos, casino tables, cash cube (you go in and grab as much as you can while in the cube), just to name a few.
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers to provide seniors with information and facts about Senior Night. The Volunteers, Community Leaders, Teachers and School Staff who have been working on this night want all members of the class of 2020 to have an amazing, safe and substance-free experience we know everyone will enjoy!
1. Is there a cost for Seniors to attend?
No, there is no charge for Seniors; however, we do heavily rely on donations to cover the cost of the event
2. Is the prom ticket cost part of Senior Night?
No, the cost of the Prom ticket has no affiliation with Senior Night.
3. If Senior Night is free for students this year, do next year’s Seniors have to pay for their Senior Night?
Senior Night is fully funded by sponsors and donations every year.
4. Will there be transportation provided to and from the Post-Prom Venue at Dave and Busters?
Yes, the students will be transported from the prom back to the High School where they will change, and board buses to go to the post-prom venue.
5. Can Seniors who do not go to the Prom attend the after Prom party at Dave and Busters?
Yes, any Senior who does not attend the prom is able to go to the after party. The student will need to arrive at the High School that evening by 11:30pm to be checked in.
6. Can students leave after Prom venue at any time?
Yes, any student can leave the party after 2am, but must be picked up and signed out by a parent or guardian.
7. What if a student does not want to attend the post-prom party?
The post-prom party is optional, and any student who does not want to attend, must be picked up and signed out at the High School after the prom by a parent or guardian.
8. Will there be chaperones all evening?
Yes, there will be employees of the post-prom venue, Wakefield parent volunteers, WMHS Administrators and a Police detail the entire evening.
9. Where will students change after the prom?
After the prom, students will be transported to the High School where they will be able to change and leave their items. When the after party is over, students will be bused back to the High School to pick up their belongings and go home.
10. Will students be able to drive to and from the prom and/or the post-prom-party location themselves?
No, transportation will be provided to and from both events at the beginning and end of the event.
11. Will underclassmen be allowed to attend the after party?
No, this is only a senior event. Underclassmen will not be able to attend because they are expected to attend school the next day.
12. Will seniors from schools out of town be allowed to attend?
Yes, but they will have to sign a dance contract through the High School. They will not be able to win any of the prizes for the graduating senior class..